Quick facts about community social services bargaining:
- The community social services (CSS) collective agreement will expire on March 31, 2019.
- About 15,000 CSS workers in nine unions are covered by the talks.
- DECEMBER 2016 - information on pensions
- HEU is the third largest union in the multi-union Community Social Services Bargaining Association (CSSBA), with 1,500 members.
- BCGEU is the lead union in the sector, followed by CUPE BC.
- The CSSBA negotiates with the Community Social Services Employers Association.
- CSS members work in group homes and day programs for people with developmental disabilities, drug and alcohol programs, transition houses, immigrant and refugee support services, infant development, child care, Aboriginal services, and many other community-based social services.
Contracts and wage grids
- New community social services wage grids - effective in February - now posted on HEU website
- 2017 community social services Community Living and General Services wage schedules with Economic Stability Dividend
- 2017 community social services Aboriginal Services wage schedule with Economic Stability Dividend
- Joint committee on wage adjustments report of December 2016
- 2016 community social services benchmarks
- 2014-2019 community social services agreement - Community Living Services
- 2014-2019 community social services agreement - General Services Agreement
- 2012–2014 community social services comprehensive report
2012–2014 Comprehensive Report